Thursday, September 4, 2014

City Sights!

So. Life. Is. Busy.

Its been approximately 3 weeks since I moved to Melbourne, Australia to be a nanny and oh-my-goodness, life is hectic! My days revolve around the kids and then when they go to bed at 7ish, I go to bed shortly after. I'm totally drained by the end of the day which leaves little time to write!! I feel so bad for not blogging more lately! On my weekends off, however, I have been doing some exploring! Take a look!!

Melbourne has a beautiful downtown which Melbourne-ites call CBD (Central Business District). There is river that runs through the city, the Yarra River, and it has great shopping, restaurants, and cafes along the banks!


There is cool area call Federation Square which is a huge civic center with a gallery inside as well! I was fortunate enough to get to go with the oldest child in the family on a school field trip to that gallery, the Ian Potter Centre! It was so cute to see little kids fascinated by the art in the architecturally AWESOME building! 
This is one side of Federation Square with a giraffe peeking inside!

Street view of Federation Square on the left!

This is the kiddos learning about a painting!

There is a great transportation system in Melbourne that is totally rad! You can literally get anywhere in the city by bus, tram, or train and you can get on all of those using one card, a MiKi card (my key). It is so handy and easy to manage! The trains all go into one central hub within the CBD called Flinders Station! It is soooooo cool!




Its a pretty building even just to look at! There is so many cool shops within the city and tons of cafes! I love Love LOVE coffee and so I have been hitting up as many cafes as I can! Only bummer about Australia is it is super pricey! For example, I went to the local grocery store to buy a new tube of mascara and it was $18. Yah you saw that right...$18. SOOO EXPENSIVE. I decided to just ask my lovely and beautiful mother to send me one in a care package (fingers crossed she reads this as well :p ) 

So I will try to keep up a little better as I continue on this new journey in my life! I love the family I'm working with and the kids are totally precious! I'm having a blast so far and know that it will only get better!!!

Until next time...Mackenzy :)






No comments:

Post a Comment