Monday, March 11, 2013

Street Art-Granada

One thing that I love to do in my life is walk. Most people like to run or exercise, but for me walking is something that calms me down and allows me to think more clearly. I try to go for a walk everyday if I can...even if it means walking to and from classes, I still get to think about things. I'd rather walk than run because every time I've tried running, all I can think about is how much I hate running. So walking is my vice. Well, in Granada, there is so much beauty EVERYWHERE! Its in the view of the mountains, the trees, the people, and my favorite...the walls. While I don't condone graffiti, street art is completely different in my book. Sometime an artist is even commissioned to paint these glorious pictures, but most the time they are not. Regardless, they are art and the painters are artists. I try to take pictures of these paintings whenever I stumble across one that I love. Take a look at some of the ones I have found during my walks around Granada! I'd love to know what you think!











I tried to translate the words on some of these paintings but I can't figure them out. I'm sure they are of importance to the artist, but my host sister couldn't even translate some of them and she speaks Spanish. I don't mind though...it gives the paintings a beautiful, yet mysterious feel to them. I will capture more of these gorgeous paintings on my many walks and post them when I have more! Until then....live colorfully!!!
Mackenzy

No comments:

Post a Comment