Saturday, June 28, 2014

For the Rich of Heart and Poor of Wallet

I love North Carolina so far! Charlotte is one of the coolest cities I've been to and I've been to quite a lot of cities!!! It has a wonderful small town feel in a big city!! I've met some really cool people and am making new friends everyday! It has been interesting moving to a city where I don't know anybody at all!  When I moved to Granada, Spain for study abroad, I knew my roommate through Facebook and Skype! It was nice having someone to talk to immediately when I got to a foreign country. But here in Charlotte, I came here knowing nobody and it was interesting! I have become fairly involved in a church here and its been awesome to get to know people around my own age!

I have been so very fortunate to have wonderfully supportive parents who are helping me out during my stay here in Charlotte. They are helping me with my rent because my internship is unpaid! However, I am in charge of funding my groceries and gas and any other necesseities that I need! Its a great way for me to try and support myself and learn the way of "adults".

I am not a very good cook. Let me clear that up a little more: I am the queen of microwavable meals and Ramen noodles! So I was checkin out Pinterest the other day (and by checkin out Pinterest I mean I spent like 4 hours looking up different pins) and came across a recipe that I thought I would share: Cheesy Ramen Noodles! I had seen the recipe before but I've always been scared to stray from my usual Chicken Ramen! But I decided to try something new and I LOVED IT!!!!! So here I was with cheesy chicken ramen noodles and thought I need to share this with the world! Everybody needs to know that adding a slice of cheese to your Ramen makes everything better in this world.

So here is the recipe I found with some modifications that I made after two attempts!

What You Need:
1 package of Chicken Ramen Noodles
1 slice of sliced cheese (Kraft works good but really any slice of cheese works)
2 cups of water

Directions:
1. Boil your water in a small pot!
2. Break up the noodles in their package.
3. Once water comes to a boil stir in the noodles and wait a few minutes until the noodles soften and look delicious!
4. Then add chicken seasoning and stir!
5. Dump out a majority of the water in the pot leaving about 1 inch of water in the pot.
6. Take your slice of cheese and break it into smaller pieces and add to the noodles!
7. Stir until all is melted and ENJOY!

I loved this so much and can't wait to try it again! If you ever feel the need for Ramen noodles, try adding one simple slice of cheese and watch your world get changed!!!! :)
Mackenzy


No comments:

Post a Comment