Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Packing up my life!

Today is January 2nd which means I am  20 days away from going to SPAIN!!!! I am soooooo pumped!!! I have already packed and unpacked my suitcase TWICE! Can you tell I'm ready to go!?! Since I have been preparing so diligently for this trip I thought I would share what I'm packing for this excursion! I am allowed one suitcase (up to 50 lbs) to check so take a look and see how I'm doing! :)

So I'll divide all I am taking into parts and show you the finished pack-ness at the end! Starting with winter clothes!!!

I am taking:
1 Peacoat- not the one at the top of the pic..I've replaced it with one I bought at 579 for $16.00-BARGAIN!
1 white button down      
1 denim button down
1 flannel shirt
1 black shrug
4 long sleeve shirts-I took one out of this pic because I decided I didn't need 5
4 scarves (to mix and match with outfits)
3 skinny jeans (2 denim/ 1 black)

I will be in Spain during some of the chilly months so I made sure to pack clothes that are easily layer-able and will also look cute while doing so!

Next up I've got my summer clothes!!!!!

I am taking:
3 T-Shirts (I am using these and Nike shorts as pajamas while  there but also to wear for working out..if I ever do that :p )
5 blouses-I need some nicer blouses since I will be doing an internship while abroad as well as school
5 tank tops-these will be handy to wear in the summer but also I can always layer them for the winter with my button-downs and scarves
2 blue jean shorts
1 khaki short
2 Nike shorts (I live in these at home and at A&M..not even kidding)
2 Bikinis-because I will be on the coast in the summer visiting friends and they happen to own a beach house and enjoy sailing around the coast of Spain...GO ME!
I took out that pair of swim shorts because....

I needed more room for dresses!!! If any of you know me you know that my collection of dresses is expansive...it was hard to pick only a few and leave the rest (same with my shoe collection) but I think I got it down...

4 dresses-2 summer dresses/ 2 night or fancier dresses (not pictures is an adorable black high-to-low skirt dress! What can I say..dresses are my weakness)
1 pair of khaki pants-for the internship
2 denim skirts
1 black skirt
1 khaki skirt

Last but not least is my shoe and miscellaneous stuff I will be taking:

There is the peacoat I mentioned above! Its so cute!
2 hats
1 ear warmer
1 pair of Chacos (one of my better purchases ever made..seriously get a pair!)
1 pair of Sperry's
1 pair of Toms
1 pair of running shoes
1 pair of black flat gladiators
1 pair of brown Oxfords

It was hard to choose from my many shoes as well..but my sister promised me she would take good care of them and my dresses I'm leaving behind!

The finished packing looked like this:

Everything fits perfect with room to spare!! I still need to pack undergarments and the gifts for my host family, but even my Bible fits in there as is! When I weighed it on my home scale it was at 29 lbs!! I was so impressed with myself that I went shopping! :)

I rolled up all my tank tops and blouses, folded things down pretty tight, and I will be stuffing my shoes with socks and underwear! This isn't my first rodeo, so I knew that I needed to pick things that  were light and could be rolled up efficiently. I also looked for clothes that can be hung-dried because in Europe that is usually all they do! We dry our clothes on a line here at home so that wasn't hard to do! I also wanted shoes that I could easily walk in (so now high heels) and I picked flats that were comfortable!

I'll keep you updated on what else I will be doing for preparation!!! Stay tuned!!!
Mackenzy

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing, Mac. Reminds me of the 6 weeks I spent in Spain in 69. You are going to have a great adventure...and so are those who will be around you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! You did so good. I packed WAY too much and this gives you a great excuse to buy in Spain. I bet you will leave some of the clothes you brought behind. :)

    ReplyDelete